EASY BAKED CHICKEN PARMESAN RECIPE
3 pieces boneless, skinless chicken breast
2 eggs , whisked
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 cup Panko or Italian bread crumbs
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 cups marinara or spaghetti sauce
6-8 ounces fresh mozzarella , sliced about 1/8 inch thick
- Preheat oven to 415°. Spray a baking sheet or jelly roll pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Cut chicken in half horizontally to create 6 fillets. Place chicken in a zip top bag and flatten chicken with a meat tenderizer or rolling pin to about 1/4″ thick.
- Place egg in a bowl and whisk together with salt and pepper. Place bread crumbs, parmesan cheese and garlic powder in a separate bowl. Dip chicken in the egg and then place in the bread crumbs and cover the chicken.
- Next place chicken in the pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink in the middle. Flip the chicken half way through.
- Remove chicken from oven and spoon about 1/4 cup sauce on top of the chicken and top with a slice of mozzarella cheese. Bake for an additional 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Broil the last minute if desired.
- Top with fresh basil or oregano. Serve with angel hair pasta or spaghetti if desired. Enjoy!
this article and recipe adapted from this site